Teacher Incentive Grants
The Lee County Education Foundation Board of Directors will accept proposals from Lee School educators for Teacher Incentive Grants starting April 2023. The purpose of the Teacher Incentive Grant program is to provide LCSS educators with an opportunity to submit requests for financial support to fund classroom activities, programs or projects that will enhance the educational experience of the students. Funding of grants will be determined by the Board of Directors based on current cash flow of the Foundation. Grant applications are due May 1, 2023.
- Applicants must be Lee County School teachers.
- Applicants must complete the grant application and return it to the Lee County Board Office.
- The grant recipient is responsible for implementing the grant at his or her school.
- Completed applications must have the appropriate authorization.
- Priority is given to projects with direct student involvement.
- Priority is given to projects that are able to be utilized/adopted to other classes or schools.
- More than one grant proposal can be submitted from each school. An educator may collaborate on more than one proposal for separate/independent projects.
- Funded projects must be implemented within the 2023-24 school year.
- Grant funds are NOT available for projects already completed.
- A committee will review the grant requests for selection and final approval.
- The long-term goal of the Lee County Education Foundation is to provide at least 10 TIGs per school year. Determination is based upon the success of fundraising each year.
- Notification and other correspondence will be directed to the grant recipient.
- Notification of awards will occur at convocation.
- Final decision on grant awards will be the sole judgment of the Board of Directors of the Lee County Education Foundation.
- The grant recipient will be required to submit a simple report, including a final expense report, at the end of the grant cycle.
- The form will be completed by the date indicated in the award winner notification letter.
- Please allow up to four weeks for your funds to be available at your school after notification has been received.
- If the approved project funding is increased or decreased, you will receive notification in the winner’s award letter.
- All grant funds are transferred to the teacher’s school upon approval. System-wide accounting procedures will be followed.
- Grants awarded to a group will stay at the home school where the original grant was awarded, in the event of that a teacher who is a part of the grant transfers schools. Individual Classroom Grants typically move with the transferring teacher. Please contact the Lee County Education Foundation with any questions.
- All materials purchased through each grant are the property of the school. Any unspent dollars must be returned to the Lee County Education Foundation by June 1.
Teacher Incentive Grants Process Overview
Thank you for your interest in applying for a Teacher Incentive Grant (TIG) funded by the Lee County Education Foundation (LCEF). Click the button below to download the application packet.